[petsc-users] Convert mat SEQAIJ to MPIAIJ

Thomas Witkowski thomas.witkowski at tu-dresden.de
Mon Sep 3 03:15:35 CDT 2012

In my FETI-DP code, each rank creates a SEQAIJ matrix that represents
the discretization of the interior domain. Just for debugging, I would
like to join these sequential matrices to one global MPIAIJ matrix. This
matrix has no off diagonal nnzs and should be stored corresponding to
the ranks unknowns, thus, first all rows of the first rank and so on.
What's the most efficient way to do this? Is it possible to create this
parallel matrix just as a view of the sequential ones, so without
copying the data? Thanks for any advise.

Thomas