[petsc-users] When pull the petsc-dev for update:Connection timed out

Zhenglun (Alan) Wei zhenglun.wei at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 19:16:14 CST 2012

Dear folks,
     Here are some problems when I'm using the new PETSc and tried to
run src/ksp/ksp/example/tutorial/ex45.c
1, when I compile it, it says that 'DMSetInitialGuess' can not be found.
So, I commented it out; however, this command still appears in
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/ex45.c.html.
Therefore, I wonder if my PETSc has not been updated correctly.
2, in old version code, I implemented a post-processing code using:
   ierr = DMDAGetCoordinateDA(da, &cda);
   ierr = DMDAGetGhostedCoordinates(da, &gc);
   ierr = DMDAVecGetArray(cda, gc, &coors);
     in order to get the locations of 'coors' stored in 'DM da'.
However, the current version seems does not have 'DMDAGetCoordinateDA'
and 'DMDAGetGhostedCoordinates'. Then, what should I do to get the
'coors'? Specifically, what should I do to get 'Vec gc'.

thanks,
Alan