[petsc-users] How to read/write unstructured mesh in parallel

Blaise A Bourdin bourdin at lsu.edu
Mon Nov 19 17:37:28 CST 2012

Actually, there is _some_ support for distributed IO on exodusII files using DMMesh. I assume that porting the existing code to DMComplex would not be too difficult, but I don't have time to work on it right now.
The mesh geometry initial reading is sequential, but distributed meshes and result files can be written. The caveat is that there is no interface matching, which can be a problem with some post processing functions.

Blaise

Sent from a mobile device