[petsc-users] How to use multigrid?

Mark F. Adams mark.adams at columbia.edu
Fri Nov 9 12:40:45 CST 2012

If your machine can "scale" a dot product then it can scale AMG.  That said,  implementing AMG to scale well takes work.  GAMG should be able to go to 10^4 processes.  We are working on some scaling problems in the setup code and I'm not too sure what and where GAMG will break as you scale up.  I'd be curious to know.  hypre should scale pretty well.