[petsc-users] CFD code with immersed boundary method

Arun Kamath arun.kamath.m at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 08:19:34 CST 2012

The fact is I do use a uniform cartesian grid, but the data structure in
the code is in "AIJ" instead of the "IJK" format.
This was done because the ghost cells (from the immersed boundary method)
were updated from multiple directions and this cannot be handled using the
"ijk" format.
The computational grid is a staggered grid with velocities at the cell
edges and pressure at cell centres.
I guess , that puts the DMDA out of the solution then.

So, though I am on a structured uniform cartesian grid (planning on local
mesh refinement in the future), the boundary treatment doesn't allow me to
use the procedure that would be normally followed.
Am I right in this assessment? So then I wait for the manual on DMComplex
and get pets-dev.
What do you suggest?
Thanks a lot!
--