[petsc-users] unable to set type "agg" in GAMG preconditioner

A.L. Siahaan als88 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 7 07:58:49 CST 2012

Hi,
I am experimenting with GAMG by changing some of its parameters.
I tried to set the GAMG type into "agg" using :
PCGAMGSetType(pc,"agg");

and I get the following error :

Solving linear system of size 108972 x 108972 (PETSc Krylov solver).
demo_elasticity:
/usr/local/packages/src/petsc-3.3/src/ksp/pc/impls/gamg/agg.c:1522:
PCCreateGAMG_AGG: Assertion `!pc_gamg->subctx' failed.

Is there any other parameter which needs to be set to enable "agg" ?
And what is the default type if I don't set to either "agg" or "geo" ?

Thanks,
Antony