[petsc-users] thread model

Mohammad Mirzadeh mirzadeh at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 13:43:03 CST 2012

>  As I said before you have to set the core affinity for OpenMP through
> environment variables.

Well I tried 'export GOMP_CPU_AFFINITY="0-7" ' before running the code but
that did not help. I'm using gcc. Am I doing it wrong.

i) Which example are you running? Please send output of -log_summary.

This was my own  code. Will try on some of the examples and report back.

> ii) Only the vector and a few matrix operations are threaded currently.
> There are no threaded preconditioners yet.

Aah! That may actually be it. I'm using hypre and I think that is not
threaded. Will try with -pc_type none to see if that makes any difference.