[petsc-users] thread model

Mohammad Mirzadeh mirzadeh at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 20:20:41 CDT 2012

Hum ... That did not help. I found this -threadcomm_affinities
0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7 but that also did nothing. Is that option any relevant?

Another question: the linux box I'm testing on has 2 quad-cores (8
cores/2 sockets). If I run the code with mpirun -np 8, I get about 3X which
makes sense to me. However, If I run with either pthread (which seems to
use all cores) or openmp (which always defaults to 1 no matter what) I get
the same performance as serial. Does this mean there is something messed up
with the hardware and/or how mpi/openmp/pthread is set up?