[petsc-users] [petsc-maint #138291] KSP scale problems

Karl Rupp rupp at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 1 12:56:34 CDT 2012

Hi,

due to round-off errors it is essentially impossible to ensure 'true
zeros' in general. If you know a-priori that some entries have to be
zero, you might simply overwrite your solution vector after the solver
run accordingly. Instead, you may also decide not to assemble the
respective equations for these 'known unknowns' at all.

Best regards,
Karli