[petsc-users] calling PETSc from C++

Francis Poulin fpoulin at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Mar 12 15:37:30 CDT 2012

Hello,

I am trying to call Petsc from a C++ program and having difficulties.  I'm using v3.2.6 and I can run all the examples so I assumed that everything was installed ok.  The body of the function is very simple, see below.  I get a segmentation fault.   In my installation I used mpich

I have a colleague who also installed openmp and this works for him on the same version of Petsc.  Could it be that Petsc is confused because I have two different MPI's installed?  I am hoping that it will use the one that it configured but I do have the other MPI in the same path.

Sorry for my confusion but any help would be appreciated.

Francis

P.S. I have a .txt file that has the output for the seg fault.

int main(int argc, char** argv) {

        // Initialize Petsc
        PetscInitialize(&argc, &argv, 0, 0);

        // Finalize Petsc