[petsc-users] Any suggestions for improving the convergence rate or performance?

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jun 30 04:53:05 CDT 2012

Try using a multilevel method for the Poisson solve. If you use DM, you can
just do -pc_type mg -pc_mg_levels 4 (or whatever) to do geometric
multigrid. Otherwise, start with algebraic multigrid, -pc_type gamg, or
configure with ML or Hypre and -pc_type ml or -pc_type hypre. The iteration
count should be much lower, though each iteration will be somewhat more
expensive.