[petsc-users] MatView and PetscViewerASCIIOpen problem when cpu > 1

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 15:25:48 CDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to use DMDA to solve my linear equation.

It works fine with 1 cpu. However, problem arise when cpu > 1. I get
segmentation error.

I tried to use  MatView and PetscViewerASCIIOpen to view my matrix to
check if it's correct.

It works with 1 cpu. However now, it shows the error below when I use 2 cpu.

[0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message
------------------------------------
[0]PETSC ERROR: Argument out of range!
[0]PETSC ERROR: ASCII matrix output not allowed for matrices with more
than 1024 rows, use binary format instead.
You can override this restriction using -mat_ascii_output_large.!

  To view the matrix, my command is :

call PetscViewerASCIIOpen(MPI_COMM_WORLD,"A_semi.txt",viewer,ierr)

call MatView(A_semi,viewer,ierr)

call PetscViewerDestroy(viewer,ierr)

I tried to use -mat_ascii_output_large but then it just hangs there
forever. I create the matrix using DMCreateMatrix. I don't have to use
MatCreateAIJ, right?

Also, I check for the ierr value when I use MatSetValuesStencil to
ensure there's no error. Btw There's no problem with VecView.

So how can I view the matrix?

Thank you!

--
Yours sincerely,