[petsc-users] PETSC3.2 and MUMPS 4.10.0 slower than PETSC3.1 and MUMPS 4.9.2

Andreas Hauffe andreas.hauffe at tu-dresden.de
Fri Jun 22 06:52:25 CDT 2012

Hi,

during a timing test I noticed that PETSC3.2/MUMPS4.10.0 takes twice the time
to solve a linear system compared to PETSC3.1/MUMPS4.9.2. In both cases I use
the same configure options to compile PETSC and the MUMPS was downloaded
during the compilation of PETSC. Did someone else get such a difference for
the calculation time or can someone tell me what happens?

--
Best regards
Andreas Hauffe

Technische Universität Dresden
Institut für Luft- und Raumfahrttechnik / Institute of Aerospace Engineering
Lehrstuhl für Luftfahrzeugtechnik / Chair of Aircraft Engineering

D-01062 Dresden
Germany

phone : +49 (351) 463 38496
fax :  +49 (351) 463 37263