[petsc-users] strange linking problem

Juha Jäykkä juhaj at iki.fi
Wed Jun 20 04:44:19 CDT 2012

> Can you send the complete configure.log to "PETSc Maint" <

I was looking at the log myself, but as it is over 47000 lines long and I have
no idea what I am looking for, it is hopeless. There is one thing that I
notice, though:

  Check c-support c++-support and other misc tests
          Defined "USE_EXTERN_CXX" to "1"
        Turning off C++ name mangling
        C language is Cxx
          Defined "CLANGUAGE_CXX" to "1"

Now, C++ name mangling is *certainly* on, since I get symbols like
_Z26SAMappingInitializePackagePKc which are not present in the source code
(source only has the unmangled SAMappingInitializePackage).

Cheers,
Juha