[petsc-users] 64-bit Fortran binding for external graph partitioning packages

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 19 13:06:23 CDT 2012

On Jun 19, 2012, at 11:54 AM, Bisht, Gautam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Out of the four external graph partitioning packages supported by PETSc: Chaco, ParMETIS, Party, and PTScotch, I was wondering if anyone could comment which of these graph partioning support 64-bit with Fortran?

   First for clarity: you are referring to using 64 bit integers for defining the graph. All the packages support using 64 bit pointers which is a different thing.

> My understanding is that ParMETIS does not support 64-bit with Fortran.

   Are you calling the partitioner directly from FORTRAN (that is with ParMETIS function calls) or are you using the PETSc partitioning interface?  The PETSc partitioning interface should work fine in this case from FORTRAN. If you are calling ParMETIS directly yourself from FORTRAN then it is your problem you need to take up with George.

   Barry