[petsc-users] DOF in DMDACreate3d and staggered grid

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 08:11:30 CDT 2012

Hi,

I'm abit unclear about dof used in DMDACreate3d. If I have u,v,w for my
CFD code, does it mean that I should have dof = 3? Or can i create 3
local/global vector using DMCreateGlobalVector and DMCreateLocalVector
to define u,v,w?

Does it matter if I'm using staggered grids? Also, if I am only using
PETSc for u,v,w (and not pressure, which uses HYPRE), does it mean a
difference?

I remember there 's an example using staggered grid somewhere but I
can't find it now. May I know which PETSc 's example it is?

Thanks!

--
Yours sincerely,

TAY wee-beng