[petsc-users] How to implement projection preconditioner?

Abdul Hanan Sheikh hanangul12 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 15:07:38 CDT 2012

Thank you for reply!
I didnt get , what does it mean by applying the preconditioner to the right hand side, making it look just like a smoother ?

More simply, how can I implement Prec = \bar C b + (b - \bar A \bar C b)
where \bar C =  P (M_H^-1 A_H)^-1 R
and \bar A = M^-1 A.
Note: we know how to implement Prec = C b + (b - A C b).

Many thanks, Abdul

to the vector "b" would be C b + S (b - A C b). If we drop the
post-smoother by setting S = I, We get Prec = C b + b - A C b. Note that there is no presmoother.