[petsc-users] Nullspace issue

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 12 15:42:20 CDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> G-S and Shur complement type fieldsplit PCs almost always work right so
> long as you have decent preconditioners for the original block(s). Often
> you don't need much of anything to precondition the Schur complement.

Thomas, note that you'll need Schur or some surrogate preconditioner to
deal with incompressibility. It'll be worth understanding fieldsplit
variants while working with Navier-Stokes and Cahn-Hilliard separately.
Once you understand how to "drive" fieldsplit on those systems separately,
you can put them together.