[petsc-users] multigrid implementation problem

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jun 10 16:44:31 CDT 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Nakib Haider Protik <nprot048 at uottawa.ca>wrote:

> Here's where I found a pcmg implementation that "looks more or less
> correct". Does this code suffer from the same problem you were referring
> to?
>
> Many thanks in advance.

Did you mean to include code or are you citing that email (which is just
code snippets and seems to have the same problem of needlessly accessing
various contexts and rampantly overwriting the local variable)?

Please make your code leak-free according to valgrind (because it will
catch all this misuse if it isn't obvious to you when looking). Look at the
output of -ksp_view to see if the method is what you intend. If something
doesn't match what you expect, please reply with the entire setup code,
explain what goes wrong, and explain what you expect to happen.