[petsc-users] How to free SieveMesh memory?

fdkong fd.kong at siat.ac.cn
Fri Jun 1 04:24:22 CDT 2012

Hi guys,

In directory: /src//src/dm/impls/mesh/, we can find a file named "mesh.c", where a function called "DMDestroy_Mesh(DM dm)", which has the following code:

PetscErrorCode DMDestroy_Mesh(DM dm)
 {
   DM_Mesh       *mesh = (DM_Mesh *) dm->data;

   mesh->m = PETSC_NULL;
   VecScatterDestroy(&mesh->globalScatter);
    return(0);
 }

When we destroy SieveMesh,  this function will be called. In this function, we just set "mesh->m = PETSC_NULL", Whether memory occupied by SieveMesh will be free? I don't think so!

Thus, there are anyone who have an idea on how to free SieveMesh memory.

Regards,
Fande Kong
ShenZhen Institutes of Advanced Technology
Chinese Academy of Sciences