[petsc-users] The ColPerm option for superlu

Xuefei (Rebecca) Yuan xyuan at lbl.gov
Thu Jan 19 19:20:49 CST 2012

Hello,

I use ksp_view to get the information about the lu pc as follow:

PC Object: 1 MPI processes
  type: lu
    LU: out-of-place factorization
    tolerance for zero pivot 2.22045e-14
    matrix ordering: nd
    factor fill ratio given 0, needed 0
      Factored matrix follows:
        Matrix Object:         1 MPI processes
          type: seqaij
          rows=262144, cols=262144
          package used to perform factorization: superlu
          total: nonzeros=0, allocated nonzeros=0
          total number of mallocs used during MatSetValues calls =0
            SuperLU run parameters:
              Equil: NO
              ColPerm: 3
              IterRefine: 0
              SymmetricMode: NO
              DiagPivotThresh: 1
              PivotGrowth: NO
              ConditionNumber: YES
              RowPerm: 0
              ReplaceTinyPivot: NO
              PrintStat: YES
              lwork: 0
 linear system matrix = precond matrix:
  Matrix Object:   1 MPI processes
    type: seqaij
    rows=262144, cols=262144
    total: nonzeros=25969216, allocated nonzeros=25969216
    total number of mallocs used during MatSetValues calls =0
      using I-node routines: found 65536 nodes, limit used is 5

In the SuperLU run parameters, how could I change ColPerm:3 to ColPerm has the value of 2?

Is there any option that I can use to make such a change through PETSc?

Thanks very much!

Best regards,

Rebecca