[petsc-users] SNESVI convergence spped

Dmitry Karpeev karpeev at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 16 21:00:37 CST 2012

I think looking at the output of -snes_vi_monitor, as Barry suggested,
would be useful to see what really is going on.
What initial guess are you using?  If you initialize V = 1 then whether a
degree of freedom belongs to the  active set
or not will depend only on the sign of the residual there.  I imagine that
only a few dofs will be driven away from the box
boundary by a large E-term?

Dmitry.