[petsc-users] Sparse matrix partitioning in PETSc

Shri abhyshr at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jan 14 12:10:42 CST 2012

Does your matrix come from an unstructured grid? If so, then you'll need to use a partitioning package such as permits. Read section 3.5 of the manual http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manual.pdf and also see the example http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/src/mat/examples/tutorials/ex15.c.html ----- Original Message -----