[petsc-users] Software for load balancing to improve parallel performance to be used with PETSc

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 09:41:57 CST 2012

Hi,

I just did a -log_summary and attach the text file, running across 8 and
16 processors. My most important concern is whether the load is balanced
across the processors.

In 16 processors case, for the time, it seems that the ratio for many
events are higher than 1, reaching up to 6.8 for VecScatterEnd and 132.1
(?) for MatAssemblyBegin. However, for the flops, ratios are 1 and 1.1.
so which is more important to look at? time or flops?

If it's time, does it mean my run is highly unbalanced?

Thanks!

Yours sincerely,

TAY wee-beng