[petsc-users] standalone code

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 4 08:44:47 CST 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 08:35, Kharche, Sanjay <
Sanjay.Kharche at liverpool.ac.uk> wrote:

> After having worked through several examples, I am now looking for some
> example reaction-diffusion C code that uses PetSc and does an implicit
> solution for the PDE. Can you suggest something?

I take it you are interested in the time-dependent case. These two are good
places to start

src/ts/examples/tutorials/ex22.c - 1D advection-reaction
src/ts/examples/tutorials/ex25.c - 1D "Brusselator" reaction-diffusion

This example has more quirks, the physics is more complicated, and not all
the algorithmic combinations work.

src/ts/examples/tutorials/ex10.c - 1D non-equilibrium radiation-diffusion
with Saha ionization model

For 2D and 3D, there are other examples, either with different physics or
not time-dependent. But the code structure is the same regardless of the
dimension, so I recommend looking at the simple examples above (ex22 and
ex25).