[petsc-users] testing scalability for ksp/ex22.c (now ex45.c)

Francis Poulin fpoulin at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Feb 24 21:20:16 CST 2012

Hello Barry,

Thanks for offering to look at this.

I configured a different version that does not have the debugger and the results are a lot faster but the efficiency is still similar.  Below you'll see the results.

n		Tp 		Efficiency
-------------------------------------
1		162		1
2		110		0.74
4		47		0.86
8		24		0.84
16		12		0.84
32		6		0.84

I'm also including the output of the log_summary for n =1 and 2.

As I said before, this is an SMP machine so I would expect it to be better than the typical cluster.  That being said I am still learning how this works.

I am very happy that I managed to get some encouraging results in a day.

Cheers, Francis