[petsc-users] PCGASMSetLocalSubdomains

Hui Zhang mike.hui.zhang at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 19 15:08:58 CST 2012

I have a new problem: the results from ASM and GASM are different and it seems
GASM has something wrong with SetModifySubMatrices. Numerical tests are with
each subdomain supported only by one subdomain. There are no problems when
I did not modify submatrices.  But when I modify submatrices, there are problems
with GASM but no problems with ASM.

For example, I use two subdomains. In the first case each subdomain is supported by
one processor and there seems no problem with GASM. But when I use run my program
with only one proc. so that it supports both of the two subdomains, the iteration
number is different from the first case and is much larger.  On the other hand
ASM has no such problem.