[petsc-users] PCGASMSetLocalSubdomains

Dmitry Karpeev karpeev at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Feb 11 08:36:27 CST 2012

Yes, that's right.
There is no good way to help the user assemble the subdomains at the moment
beyond the 2D stuff.
It is expected that they are generated from mesh subdomains.
Each IS does carry the subdomains subcomm.

There is ISColoringToList() that is supposed to convert a "coloring" of
indices to an array of ISs,
each having the indices with the same color and the subcomm that supports
that color. It is
largely untested, though.  You could try using it and give us feedback on
any problems you encounter.

Dmitry.