[petsc-users] VecScatter Question

Mohammad Mirzadeh mirzadeh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 17:52:53 CST 2012

Thanks Satish. That all makes sense.

Truth is I am trying to move data from a parallel vector to a serial one on
rank 0. I make an index set, in parallel, with stride 1 and use it for both
source and destination and i believe that should do the job ... but it does
not. Somehow it seems that the values from other processors do not get
inserted in the serial vector on rank 0!

This seems it should be so simple and I'm not sure if there is a bug
somewhere in my code or I'm still confused about IS and VecScatter!

Mohammad

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote