[petsc-users] Use boomeramg to solve system of PDEs

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 3 03:54:44 CST 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 11:20, Thomas Witkowski <
thomas.witkowski at tu-dresden.de> wrote:

> I'll try it. Is there any difference between using MATMPIAIJ and
> MatSetBlockSize, and using MATMPIBAIJ?

There should not be a semantic difference. BAIJ is more memory and time
efficient for any kernels used by PETSc, but it cannot be used directly by
BoomerAMG, so it needs to be converted (increasing storage). So depending
on how much time you spend in different parts of code, and how much memory
you have available, either one could be faster.