[petsc-users] Using superlu_dist in a direct solve

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Dec 23 20:07:23 CST 2012

You didn't say what options you were running ex6 with, but with the options
used for the tests, I see

~/petsc/src/ksp/ksp/examples/tests$ mpirun.hydra -n 2 ./ex6 -f
~/petsc/datafiles/matrices/arco1 -pc_type lu -pc_factor_mat_solver_package
superlu_dist
Number of iterations =   1
Residual norm = 2.23439e-11

You need to give precise instructions for how to reproduce the behavior you
are seeing.

Also, for experimenting with matrices read from files, we prefer
src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/ex10.c because it is better commented and
has more features.