[petsc-users] early convergence failure

Daniel Arndt daniel.arndt at stud.uni-goettingen.de
Wed Dec 19 09:00:22 CST 2012

>>/ Thank you Barry for your suggestions.
/>/> //The error I get is now KSP_DIVERGED_INDEFINITE_PC. The matrix that I try to invert is actually symmetric and positive definite. I was not aware that this can lead to a indefinite preconditioner.
/
>   Absolutely. Many preconditioners do not retain this feature even in exact precision and with numerical effects it can even appear unexpected.
>   By default BoomAMG doesn't retain this.

Is there then a possibility to tell the BlockJacobi preconditioner to be positive definit as there is for the BoomerAMG preconditioner via -pc_hypre_boomeramg_relax_type_all symmetric-SOR/Jacobi?

Bests
Daniel

 //