[petsc-users] Creating explicit matrix scatter

Thomas Witkowski thomas.witkowski at tu-dresden.de
Sat Dec 8 07:59:12 CST 2012

A have a distributed MATAIJ, which is non square. I want to create a new
matrix, which has the same col layout but a different row layout and
should be scattered from the original matrix. Thus, each rank should
collect some rows, which may be non local in the original matrix, to its
own local part of the new matrix. After creating the new matrix, I need
not only to make some MatMult, but I need local access to the matrix
rows. How to do this? Thanks for any advise.

Thomas