[petsc-users] Is there something to be paid attention to about MatIsSymmetric?

w_ang_temp w_ang_temp at 163.com
Sun Dec 2 08:45:47 CST 2012

Hello,

    I use MatIsSymmetric to know if the matrix A is symmetric.

According to my model, it should be symmetric due to the theory.

But I always get the result 'PetscBool  *flg = 0', although I

set 'tol' a large value(0.001).

    Because the matrix is of 20000 dimension, I can not output the

matrix to the txt. So I want to konw if there is something to be paid attention to

about the function 'MatIsSymmetric' in version 3.2. Or do I have some other ways

to determine the symmetry.I think symmetry is one of the most important thing

in my analysis.

    Thanks.

                                               Jim