[petsc-users] Question about MatDestroy...

Kyungjoo Kim iamkyungjoo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 18:06:39 CDT 2012

Hello,

Lately I experienced very weird behavior in PETSC.

While solving small size problem (25k) on my laptop, it MatDestroy clean the objects.
Another test (40k unknowns) problem use most of my memory and left around 500 MB free while solving the problem.

Then when I call MatDestroy, PETSC request more memory and the available memory goes down 8MB (It start scratching my hdd, so I stopped).

Why MatDestroy need more memory than solving phase ?

Any idea ?

Thank you in advance.