[petsc-users] error in petsc-dev

Mohammad Mirzadeh mirzadeh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 12:55:44 CDT 2012

> You are not checking error codes, otherwise you wouldn't see all the
subsequent errors.

That's correct. I don't quite remember, but I think at some point I had
trouble with function returns and CHKERRQ( and also CHKERRV? -- not sure
though) and so I dropped it; is this terrible or just bad? PETSc still
produces errors when I'm not using it so I though I'm ok!

> The default behavior was changed in petsc-dev because forgetting to
preallocate was too common of a mistake

Thanks. In fact I do preallocate(exactly), it may be that I'm not doing it
right; gotta check.