[petsc-users] Petsc CMake conf

Mohammad Mirzadeh mirzadeh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 17:47:08 CDT 2012

Sweet :D -- Thanks Jed.

Just a question though. When I run cmake in the build directory I get:

-- Performing Test MULTIPASS_TEST_1_petsc_works_minimal
-- Performing Test MULTIPASS_TEST_1_petsc_works_minimal - Failed
-- Performing Test MULTIPASS_TEST_2_petsc_works_allincludes
-- Performing Test MULTIPASS_TEST_2_petsc_works_allincludes - Failed
-- Performing Test MULTIPASS_TEST_3_petsc_works_alllibraries
-- Performing Test MULTIPASS_TEST_3_petsc_works_alllibraries - Failed
-- Performing Test MULTIPASS_TEST_4_petsc_works_all
-- Performing Test MULTIPASS_TEST_4_petsc_works_all - Failed
-- PETSc could not be used, maybe the install is broken.
-- PETSc could not be found.  Be sure to set PETSC_DIR and PETSC_ARCH.
 (missing:  PETSC_EXECUTABLE_RUNS)
-- PETSc could not be found.  Be sure to set PETSC_DIR and PETSC_ARCH.
 (missing:  PETSC_EXECUTABLE_RUNS)

But actually I can make and run the binary without any problem! should I
ignore this? I do set PETSC_DIR and PETSC_ARCH in my CMakeLists.txt.