[petsc-users] one process is lost but others are still running (Hong Zhang)

Wen Jiang jiangwen84 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 22:09:12 CDT 2012

Hi Hong,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am using superlu_dist as parallel direct solver. And I will ask our
cluster administrator to install mumps and give it a shot.

But I still have a question. For the test purpose, I have already made my
code as simple as just repeat solving a same well conditioning matrix. And
for most cases, it can do the solving, maybe 2 times, 3 times or even more
until it loses one process and get stuck. Basically what I did not quite
understand is why it did not give out any error information and abort the
job even one of their processes is gone. Is it just the problem with
cluster or might it also be the problem with the libraries. Thanks.

Regards,

Wen

Wen: