[petsc-users] inspect contents of a big matrix

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 23 07:54:17 CST 2011

I am a bit stuck trying to inspect some elements in a big matrix.
I need to dump a matrix and a vector to a file, that is given, but I
need to make sure some of their values are exactly as I expect them.
ASCII is reportedly not an option, the matrix be too big.
HDF5 Viewer complains it does not support either MPIAIJ or SEQAIJ
matrices (why not save si, sj and sa arrays?) - it has no problem with
VECMPI though.
Binary seems to work but I do not know how to peek the values stored there.

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks!
Dominik