[petsc-users] possible development on Windows?

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Sun Nov 6 04:43:17 CST 2011

I am normally working and developing my codes on linux, only compiling
them at the end for Windows, but need to evaluate the possibilities to
also efficiently develop on Windows. Is anyone developing Petsc based
applications on Windows and could share some experiences? In
particular, is it possible to debug only on Cygwin's gdb port or also
to use (somehow) the Visual Studio's built in debugger? Are there
tools comparable to valgrind to detect MPI-aware illegal memory
accesses and leaks? I heard about TotalView, but never worked with it.

Thanks for any thoughts,
Dominik