[petsc-users] Different factorizations within one scope

Alexander Grayver agrayver at gfz-potsdam.de
Tue May 31 04:16:57 CDT 2011

Hello,

Now I use MUMPS to solve Helmholtz equation for electromagnetic problem
in frequency domain. My system matrix depends on frequency, since I have
more than one frequency I need to do factorization for every one.
Within one MPI communicator it is implemented as a loop over
frequencies, where I assemble new system matrix at each iteration,
factorize it and solve system for many RHS. The problem is that at each
iteration previous factorization has been overwritten by new one, but
now I came to point where I need factorizations for previous frequencies
later in my program and that means that they need to be stored somewhere.

My question is that possible to create several factorizations using
PETSc classes and MUMPS package, store them and use later any you need?

Regards,
Alexander