[petsc-users] Tuning the parallel performance of a 3D FEM CFD code

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Sun May 15 08:59:23 CDT 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 15:23, Henning Sauerland <uerland at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, it is not that easy to switch to BAIJ. I only have a local
> XFEM basis. That is, I have variable numbers of degrees of freedom
> throughout the domain (nodes of elements cut by the fluid interface have on
> additional "XFEM unknown"). At the moment, I don't know how or if I can
> handle the XFEM block when using BAIJ.

This is a problem, but you can still order unknowns in the vector so that
velocity and pressure all come together, then AIJ/Inode will treat the
components together which will tend to make ILU stronger.