[petsc-users] Using PETSc with a custom data structure

Milan Mitrovic milanm at student.ethz.ch
Sat May 7 10:46:31 CDT 2011

Hello!

I am working on a project that uses the ppm library and I would like
to use petsc because I need the non-linear solvers.

As far as I've seen the solvers were made to work with the petsc
vector data type, but I need to use it with a different data structure
that is already scattered onto different processors. Is there a way to
create a custom version of petsc vector that would just wrap around
the existing data? Something similar to how sundials provides a way to
wrap custom data types.

If there is a way to do this cleanly the wrappers could get included
into ppm, so I thought that I should ask what the best way of doing
this would be.

Thanks in advance,
Milan Mitrovic