[petsc-users] petscstack undefined reference from SLEPc

Umut Tabak u.tabak at tudelft.nl
Sat Jun 25 14:54:21 CDT 2011

Dear all,

I was trying to update an old eigenvalue solver wrapper of mine that is
dependent on Slepc, however I am getting an error on the linking phase
as such

/home/utab/external_programs/slepc-3.1-p6/src/eps/interface/basic.c:43:
undefined reference to `petscstack'

So basically the error comes from the SLEPc side but the nm command on
the libpetsc.a also does not return a symbol with this name, so a bit
puzzled. I am using 3.1.patch 8 and slepc 3.1 patch 6.

Any pointer on the whereabouts of my problem is appreciated.

Best regards,
Umut