[petsc-users] Attaching to gdb within screen

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Wed Jun 22 09:12:18 CDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 16:05, John Fettig <john.fettig at gmail.com> wrote:

> This makes no difference, because the script isn't executing. If it
> makes any difference, I'm setting the options through the environment
> variable "PETSC_OPTIONS"

Hmm, only in that the arguments would need to be doubly escaped. I would
expect that is working if you are getting one screen terminal to come up,
but could you try using the command line with a PETSc example, e.g.
src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/ex2.c.

I'm running out of efficient remote debugging ideas so it would help a lot
of we can figure out how to reproduce this.