[petsc-users] Regarding global indexing

Rahul Praghanmor praghanmor at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 01:27:52 CST 2011

Dear Sir,
Thanks to make a such efficient library to handle the complex mathematics.
I am Rahul and working on unstructured finite volume solver. The solver is
able to solve both single zone and multi zone unstructured mesh using CSR
Gauss Seidel.
I successfully implement PETSc to solve on a single zone unstructured mesh
i.e. serial implementation has done and tested.
Now I want to implement a PETSc on a multi-zone mesh.The mesh partitioning
in multi-zone is done using a separate tool, Metis. The multi-zone mesh is
read in solver.I don't understand how to do the global indexing for
multi-zone mesh to form a global matrix required for PETSc.
Your valuable suggestion and guidance is cordially appreciated.