[petsc-users] Using Inexact Newton Iterations

behzad baghapour behzad.baghapour at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 00:37:11 CST 2011

Dear all,

I used "-snes_ksp_ew_conv" to inexactly solve the linear system with Petsc
prescribed forcing term BUT I didn't catch any difference or improvement. I
just screen out the "rtol" of KSP during
SNES iteration and found out It is constant (1e-5) in both exact and
inexact cases. Please let me know how I should implement "inexact" method
in SNES and what is the relation between KSP tolerances and inexact setup?

Merry Xmas,
BehZad