[petsc-users] Using different ksp solvers depending on the operating system

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Dec 24 10:36:33 CST 2011

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011, John Fettig wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 7:56 AM, TAY wee-beng <zonexo at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > This is because I can't install and use hypre successfully on win7. To my
> > knowledge, it still does not work, is that so?

> I believe the hypre tarball that was downloaded by 3.1-p8 was patched to
> build on windows.  I haven't tried the 3.2 release.  You can build hypre on
> windows, it's just takes some hacking.

Well --download-hypre should work with gnu compilers.

However with MS/Intel compilers - hypre should be installed separately
- and sepcified to PETSc configure [with --with-hypre-include,
--with-hypre-lib optons]. Neither of 3.1/3.2 support --download-hypre.

The hypre tarball should have the relavent instructions for a windows
install. [in the users manual]

Satish