[petsc-users] Petsc course

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 22 08:46:00 CST 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 08:16, Sreejith Pulloor Kuttanikkad <
sreejithpk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could you please provide more details on the TACC courses on 17 and 20?
> Where is it? and do we get to do exercises ?

Both courses are at TACC (UT Austin), but I think they will be broadcast
through XSEDE. The course on Jan 17, taught by Victor Eijkhout, will be
similar to last year's (search for "PETSc" at
http://www.tacc.utexas.edu/user-services/training/course-materials). My
Advanced PETSc course on Feb 20 will look at

* multigrid and fieldsplit preconditioning for saddle point and stiff wave
problems
* composition of nonlinear solvers
* solving variational inequalities
* time integration
* software design for coupled problems
* extending PETSc

Have you looked at slides and video from previous tutorials?

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/tutorials/index.html