[petsc-users] Mat-view-draw Colors, Views

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Dec 19 18:30:27 CST 2011

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011, Jonathan Backs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to troubleshoot my Jacobian using the command-line option -mat_view_draw. In the X-window that pops up, the non-zero structure is shown using three colors: cyan, blue, and red. What do these three colors represent?

red : positive value
bule: negative value
cyan: zero value [thats entered with matsetvalues]

> When I add the option -draw_pause -1, I am given three chances to right-click on the X-window for each Jacobian evaluation. Each time, a different view of the Jacobian is shown, though the first two views look the same. What do these different views show?

left mouse: zoom-in
middle mouse: zoom-out
right-mouse: continue the program

So if you click the right-mouse - then the program continues - and
what you see next is the 'next' matrix thats assembled in your
program. It could be a factor matrix or something thats created in the
preconditioner. This depends on the path your code takes.

Satish